As the year draws to a close, the rumours around Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli wedding have reached a fever pitch. A day after reports of their nuptials came out in media, the Bollywood star and cricketer were seen leaving India for Italy on Thursday.
The two are expected to tie the knot at Borgo Finocchieto, a luxury villa in Tuscany. To add fuel to the fire, a sports journalist indicated on social media that the two had already tied the knot on Saturday. It was also reported that the official confirmation of the wedding will come soon. With the two refusing to comment on the issue, here are all the rumours floating around the event which is easily the wedding of the year.
Here is everything we know about Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma’s wedding…
• While media reports suggest that Virat and Anushka will marry sometime this week, a journalist tweeted that the couple got married on Saturday and will soon share the news officially. While Anushka’s rep had dismissed the news of their marriage initially, Virat has been quiet on the issue till now.
• Sources confirmed to Hindustan Times that the wedding is very much on the cards. Borgo Finocchieto, a heritage property within a resort in Tuscany, is being decked up and the wedding will take place in grand Punjabi style. Professional bhangra dancers were seen at the venue. The Borgo comprises five village houses perched atop six acres of hilltop grounds. The villa can accommodate up to 44 guests in its 22 bedrooms..
Back in 2014, Anushka had told Harper’s Bazaar Bride in an interview how she would like to get married “somewhere beautiful, like a vineyard perhaps”. Her dream wedding was “smaller but definitely traditional.”
• A high security corridor has been thrown around the resort with entry strictly restricted to guests with invitation. The Obamas have earlier vacationed at the villa.
• It is expected to be a day wedding with a lavish evening party for select guests.
• A reception is expected to take place in Mumbai on December 26. While the wedding will be attended by select guests, Bollywood glitterati and cricketers will be seen at the reception.
• Initial reports suggested the wedding will be attended by Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh, sources close to the celebs have dismissed this as rumours.